Lila Poonawalla Foundation (LPF) introduced its school scholarships for girls of VII standard in 2011 under the ‘2morrow 2gether’ school project.
School girls, who receive these scholarships, are called Lila Juniors, and they are supported financially for their fees, uniforms, shoes, books, etc. Extra classes, counseling sessions, health awareness programmes and creativity building activities are also regularly organised for them. Even the teachers of the various schools under this project are given special training with the objective of building excellent teaching capacity.
Apart from the schools that LPF is already supporting, this year LPF has extended its support to 1 more school. In all, this year, i.e in 2017, approx 372 school girls were selected to receive the LPF scholarship taking the total number of girls under this program to 1500.
All the awardees, previous as well as this year’s new batch who received scholarship called as "LILA JUNIORS", will continue to receive the LPF scholarship every year up to their XII standard who will be christened as "LILA SENIORS" and further till their graduation depending on their performance. This is a 10 year long commitment.
Besides giving the students good quality education, the Foundation found the need to provide them with better hygienic conditions and hence has supported Zilla Parishad School, Chandoli with sanitation facilities and Zilla Parishad School, Karanjgaon with Computers along with the printers. Taking one more step forward, LPF has done the flooring work in Zilla Parishad, Chandoli and also provided them with a Solar Panel. LPF has also done the flooring work in Golden Glades, Karanjgaon. Again, roofing in Zilla Parishad, Karanjgaon, constructed 3 rooms and has renovated Head Mistress room in C.E.S's Chaitanya English Medium School, repairing and painting in C.E.S's Utkarsha English Medium School.
Students from following Schools have been selected
• Anjuman I. Islam Peer Mohammed High school • Zilla Parishad School, Kambre
• Camp Education Society Girls Marathi High School
• Lt. Dr. Shamrao Kalmadi Kannada Medium School
• St. Clare’s Convent School
• Hirakani Vidyalaya School, Gawadewadi
• C.E.S's Utkarsha English Medium School
• Anjuman I. Islam Ahmed Peer Mohammed English Medium School
• C.E.S's Chaitanya English Medium High School
• Zilla Parishad School, Govitri
• Zilla Parishad School, Karanjgaon
• Zilla Parishad School, Chandoli
• Zilla Parishad School, Thorandale
• Shri Ram Vidhyalaya, Pimpalgaon
• Bapusaheb Pawar Kanya Shala
• Narsingh Vidhyalaya, Ranjani,
• Kalbhairavnath Sau LaxmiBai Vidhyalaya, Pimpalgaon
• Prerana vidyalaya (Girls & Boys School)
• Golden Glades School, Karanjgaon
- Age Limit: Maximum 13 years
- Family total annual income not to exceed Rs.1,25,000/- per annum
- Minimum 60 % marks in standard 4th, 5th and 6th standard, or B grade in latest comprehensive assessment in standard 6th
- Scholarship is subject to continuation if the candidate passes in all subjects and secures minimum 60% marks or B grade in comprehensive assessment in standards 7th to 10th, 60% marks in standards 11th and 12th, and qualifies for 3 years graduation scholarship in her chosen field.
- Continuation of the scholarship also depends on the participation of the candidates in the various development activities organised by the foundation.